Friday, July 10, 2009

C.A. Trip Part 3

The next morning we woke up and headed up the coast on Highway 1. We were headed toward Grandpa Balsley's house but stopped a lot along the way to see the sights. While I was taking photos I was charged by this:The sign said not to feed the animals... we didn't.... but it seemed like this little guy was going to take some food by force!

Andrew and I decided to take a self portrait with the flowering shrub.Here is a shot of the highway along the coast. Do you see it? It is quite the road cut right in to the mountain.
These Monterrey Cypress make nice photos.We stopped off as a place where we found some tide pools. This is where my camera got wet (along with Andrew and I) and now doesn't work right... This was the last picture taken before it got wet.
We also stopped off at this beach full of Elephant Seals. They seem to fight a lot using their noses. That is attractive..This is McWay Falls and beach in Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park. (The falls are hard to see here but it is the white line down the black rocks that hits the beach.) The only way to get there is by kayak (as you can see by the kayak and two people on the beach) but you are really not supposed to be on the beach so that it can be preserved. More to come on the next post :)

5 comments:

Jan said...

Jan and I just tried the nose fighting and it's great! Such beautiful scenes; thanks for sharing your trip memories.--Alan

I especially was awed by the blue lagoon! Today there is a 10 km. run to benefit HIV/AIDS work here in Cambodia. It is sponsored by Doulos (and local businesses, etc.). It is pretty hot to be running, but maybe we'll have rain. It will be a WARM shower!
--Jan

Jonathan said...

Andrew, you look like such a tourist in your flip-flops. Haha..just kidding. I have some sort of aversion to the whole idea of the flip-flop. I mean, don't our feet get enough abuse without wearing a shoe that repeatedly smacks the soles all day long?

I'm not one to boast about tourist-style; you should have seen me and my fanny pack in St. Thomas.

Alissa said...

Hahahaha. You actually admitted to a fanny pack ? :)

Hillary said...

Nice pictures.

David said...

Dad, I just hope you two weren't in the kitchen. You know that's not allowed.