Thursday, December 30, 2010
My Week
This week we had a few days of 30+ degree weather so I told myself I had to get out of the house. I bundled Levi up and off we went. Both Tuesday and Wednesday I got an hour walk in. It was not just any walk, it was muscle building! My back and shoulders were sore so I really needed a break from holding Levi so I put him in the stroller. In the end I think I used more muscles pushing the stroller through snow than if I carried him the whole way :) You see, the city decided that my walk day was a good day to re-plow the streets and in the process they buried the entrances to the sidewalks and on many streets, the sidewalks themselves. I actually had to pick up the whole contraption and carry it back on to the street several times. In the end, the sunshine was worth it! I have several pictures of the adventure on my phone but have not yet figured out how to transfer them to this blog. Here is the only picture of the adventure I took with my camera. Yes, Levi is streaming but that was because he wasn't moving. As soon as we got going he went to sleep.
Levi's next adventure was his attempts to crawl by grasping the play mat and pulling while pushing with his feet. He doesn't quite have it but he is really trying! He is getting better at back scooting as well. (although I think he is scooting the hair off the back of his little head)
We also had the youth over last night so I made a batch of cookies. I like how they turned out! And the frosting was SUPER easy. I just used 2 cups of confectioners sugar and 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons of milk and whisked. Then just divide up and put food coloring in. A prize for who can guess what shape the top of the front right side plate is. :) (you can click on the picture to enlarge)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I remember when David had "scooted"
all the hair off the back of his head! This week Jonathan was remembering when Andrew scooted a big round red rugburn onto his forehead at the Campbell library. He looked like Mikhail Gorbechev (or however it is spelled). If I am looking at the right cookie, it looks like a lamb to me. DO I GET THE PRIZE?? :)
I have to agree with Jan - I think it is a lamb! What beautiful cookies! I like the idea of turning the star into a snowflake. The cookies look like they might be some kind of molasses cookie? Yum! I bet the kids really enjoyed them!
In looking closely at your cookies again, I realized that they must be chocolate!
I remember scooting on my forehead at the library! I had so much fun; and then it hurt for days and days. I think I was 4. I should have known better. Good guess with lamb, but I don't think you win a prize. My guess was "Turtle" (also a non-winner).
Wait, what? You were scooting on your forehead when you were four!?
Who scoots on their face?
You have no idea how much time my parents could spend at the library. A little guy's gotta do something to stay busy.
But, you love the library!
Not when I was four!
by the way, the answer is "camel" :)
Post a Comment