Idea #1: Broiled Island Burgers
Now I know what you are thinking, "Crandall's don't eat much meat do they?" As I have learned, turkey is one of the "okay" meats to use from time to time :)All you do is buy frozen turkey burgers (they come in a 12 pack for around $5) and a pack of buns. To broil them simply stick desired number of frozen burgers on broiler for 4 minutes (no preheating necessary). Flip and add a pineapple ring on the top of each. Broil 5-6 more minutes until done. Add any desired toppings and serve. I suggest adding sweet and sour or teriyaki sauce to it. Tasty.
Idea #2: Crock Pot Spaghetti Squash
Choose a spaghetti squash from your local farmers market or store. ($1.28 a pound at Walmart)Make sure it will fit in your crock pot with the lid on. Wash it and poke it with several holes. Place in crock pot and add 2 cups water. Place on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours. Cut in half. Take out seeds with a grapefruit spoon. Use a fork to scrape out the spaghetti like pulp. Dress as you would pasta. You can make a homemade sauce or brush with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Either way is tasty.
Choose a spaghetti squash from your local farmers market or store. ($1.28 a pound at Walmart)Make sure it will fit in your crock pot with the lid on. Wash it and poke it with several holes. Place in crock pot and add 2 cups water. Place on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours. Cut in half. Take out seeds with a grapefruit spoon. Use a fork to scrape out the spaghetti like pulp. Dress as you would pasta. You can make a homemade sauce or brush with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Either way is tasty. *These are not my photos. I just like to illustrate my recipes.
5 comments:
Those recipes look yummy! I might just try that with one of my Boca Burgers! (Not that I have anything against turkey burgers!) I buy a spaghetti squash just about every year, but more often than not they sit there in the basket until they start spoiling. That sounds easy to cook them in the crockpot. I bet the spaghetti squash would be good with a pesto sauce, I never thought of doing that.
Your new Two the North banner photo is beautiful, and a wish for spring?
Yes, I like the new photo.
I've never tried spaghetti squash, but I'd like to. Does it just take on the taste of the sauce like pasta, or does it have a squash-y taste? Either way, I'm sure it's good. I'll have to try that recipe.
If you put a generous portion of sauce on it will taste pretty much the same. The texture is just a little different. If you put less sauce it has a mild squash taste. When I was little I did not like squash but I loved spaghetti squash fixed like this.
This is my mom's recipe for "Hawaiian Hamburgers". It sounds so much like your burger recipe - I thought you might like it - the sauce is really good.
Broil hamburger on one side. When half done on second side remove and top with slice of pineapple and garnish with sauce - broil till brown. Serve on half a browned bun. Sauce: 1/3 cup pinapple juice, 2 T brown sugar, 1/2 t or less soy sauce, and 1 t mustard. yummy
You have great cooking ideas!
Post a Comment