Thursday, April 30, 2009

An Interesting Hour of Our Lives

On our road trip to Kansas, we took an hour stop to see the Jeffers Petroglyphs in Minnesota. (Being partially Native American myself, Andrew thought I might especially like it.) There are about 2,000 carvings on the site. We basically fast-walked the entire thing but I got some cool shots. (I am including some information shots to help explain as well.)I stopped to check out a cute little nest in a small tree along the path and almost screamed. Out of the prairie grasses beside flew a beautiful pheasant. I could not get my camera out quick enough for a shot but it was magnificent.

We also ran in to an elderly Presbyterian couple while we were there and struck up a quick conversation. For more info on this area, visit:http://www.placeography.org/index.php/Jeffers_Petroglyphs_Historic_Site,_27160_County_Road_2,_Comfrey,_Minnesota, http://www.mnhs.org/places/sites/jp/
or http://www.jefferspetroglyphs.com/

3 comments:

Jan said...

I'm so glad that you got to take an "hour" and do something fun on your trip. Those are very distinct petroglyphs. It's nice that they haven't been vandalized. The explanations are helpful, also.

Sara said...

Wow. Those imprints in the earth are pretty striking. I was especially impressed with the hands.

Hillary said...

Sounds like a fun trip.