Saturday, February 18, 2012

Living Room Curtain Reveal & Recipes

For some reason, curtains make me feel like a house is really lived in. We couldn't really do anything to the apartment we lived in previously so when we finally bought a house, I wanted to settle in and get my curtains up. Well, 2+ years later, they are finally up. I told Jan I would post a photo of our living room as soon as we got the curtain rod up. We got it up last night but then I had a hard time finding a photo of our old "curtain thingie" that was up when we moved in. You can kind of see it in this November 2010 holiday photo:

We were able to reuse some of the holes from the original mounting. I had to tie them back a little awkwardly as Levi decided to attack the cat with the curtains and I foresee ruined curtains. Also, ignore the crooked pictures. I didn't stage the room well before taking the photo... Here is after:

I also wanted to include a few recipes I tried lately that Andrew really liked: (click to enlarge)

7 comments:

Jan said...

Curtain rod is nice! and curtains are BEAUTIFUL! So much better than the l980's look. I didn't realize that you had so much curtain fabric, they look really nice. I thought that you only had a little and that they might look skimpy, but they are perfect!Another job to check off! Yeah!

Jan said...

Great job Alissa! The curtains look great! I really need your input on my curtains when you are here!

Anonymous said...

It all looks GREAT!

Sara said...

Wow! Those look great! A nice color, too! Good job!

Hillary said...

Nice work!

Andrew said...

Sorry it took 2+ years, hun!

Mrs. McKinley said...

I LOVE THE CURTAINS!