Thursday, February 3, 2011

Coconut Chicken Recipe

Hi friends and family! As you know, I like to try new recipes. Here is one that I cooked for dinner tonight that turned out excellently!

COCONUT CHICKEN

Ingredients:

  • 4-6 chicken thighs
  • 1/3 cup crushed croutons
  • 1/3 cup flaked coconut
  • Olive oil drizzled on top of chicken
  • Salt & Pepper (to taste)
  • Cooking Spray
  • Optional: tin foil

Directions:

STEP 1: Season chicken with salt & pepper to taste.

STEP 2: In plate mix crouton crumbs and coconut together, and roll chicken thighs in crouton crumbs mixture 1 at a time to coat well.

STEP 3: Place coated chicken in lightly sprayed baking dish and drizzle lightly with olive oil.

STEP 4: Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes until chicken is done.

Also: Place foil over the chicken for the first half of baking just to keep the coconut from browning too much. I served this with Jasmin rice.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Looks great, and no tomatoes! I think I should try it as Alan really likes coconut chicken, too.

Jen said...

oh I gotta try this looks scrumptious