Saturday, October 23, 2010

Veggies galore

I was happy to have a garden this year! (Thanks to Sara and Jonathan for a lot of the seeds!) We have had a lot of rain this summer and it kind of delayed some of the garden. We've gotten a fair amount of tomatoes and broccoli. My biggest disappointment was the peppers. We love bell and sweet peppers in stir fry and sautes. Unfortunately, I did not get a single pepper... until now! My plants are teaming with peppers and now its getting down to freezing....
I have also gotten some nice green zucchini but this is the first hint of a yellow one!
And though my broccoli did well, I had no cauliflower, until now....
And the onions are coming back for a 2nd run.
And there are still tons of tomatoes... unfortunately I am not sure they will ripen in time. I think my plants think this cold weather is the end of spring and that it is time to grow grow grow! Now if only we had a warm snap and I could harvest them.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

. Nice work on the garden! pick your tomatoes before they freeze and put them in brown paper bag in the house and hey will ripen.

Sara said...

Wow! A very fruitful garden! The cauliflower and onions should be okay outside for a while. Just cover them with some mulch or something.

Jan said...

Beautiful veggies! Enjoy those peppers!