We obviously started the day with church. After the first service, I went home and cleaned up the house a little extra. When Andrew got home we exchanged cards. Andrew really surprised me when he whipped out this little box! (Totally unexpected surprise.)
Mom (Balsley) sent us these pretty hand sewn pillow cases she made.
Some friends of ours (from the church here who had made it to the wedding) gave us this:
It is a hand quilted wall hanging. It is really beautiful. I decided to put it on our coffee table for now because it matched the coloring and I wanted to display it.After this, Andrew and I went out to eat at a local restaurant called Blue Sky. Most of their menu ended up being unavailable (because it was a slow day due to graduations) but we had a great time anyway. We shared dessert afterward. (We never get dessert normally but he let me pick something for our anniversary :) Then we went for a walk. It has only been in the 50's here for the high for several days so we actually had to bundle up. It was a great day.
One random side note: Have any of you seen the new pennies? I just got one today. This year is the 200th year since Lincoln's birth and the 100th year since the release of the Lincoln cent and so they have released a new series. This was the first I had seen of them.

2 comments:
Those pillowcases are hand sewn? It must've taken forever! Looks like you guys had a nice day, and no, I can't believe it has been a year.
Congratulations guys!
Post a Comment