Some years ago (at least six!) Jonathan came home from college and left me his old Adidas Sambas. They were sweet shoes. I've kept wearing them ever since, though for the past few years they just been my "slipper shoes" for wearing around the house. The inside of these venerable sneakers are pretty torn up, the soles flat and smooth, and the Adidas stripes coming unsewn. A few months ago, when the right sole separated from the top, Alissa gently told me, "It's time," but I bravely taped the poor sole back together and kept wearing them.
But now, in the "slim down" that inevitably accompanies packing and moving, I've decided to retire the Sambas. This one's for you Jonathan, and your ancient, hand-me-down Sambas.
11 comments:
Thanks, Alissa, he needed the nudge!
Jonathan has the hardest time getting rid of stuff, too. I recently sneaked his infamous red socks, and a few other items past their prime into the junk pile. I'm pretty sure he's going to find them during the set-up for a garage sale and I'll have to make my case for why they should go...again. (now he'll be looking for them.)
Ohh! Those reds socks were sweet too!
AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
It has begun!
You mean the red socks her wore for our wedding. My method to get rid of stuff is a big black bag that Goodwill picks up. That way no one (myself included) can have sencond thoughts.
These additional comments have added a smile to my face, and a chuckle to my lips. You're a great family, and it's fun to see everyone communicating! Do YOU have any old shoes, David?
I do have one pair of shoes Hillary has been trying to get rid of for more than a year. More than once they've "disappeared", and I noticed before the Goodwill arrived. I use them for hiking -- I've been putting of buying a new pair of boots.
But the worst is the PERFECTLY GOOD (and not very old) socks that only have a hole in the toe. Now even the kids have started checking my socks for holes so they can be exterminated!
We won't even go there with the holey socks!!! One victory at a time.
P.S. Andrew wants to mention the 20 year old nuts.
I even wore a holy sock at our wedding!
Does that make me a Mormon?
Post a Comment